Hybrid Program - Monthly Meeting
Shall We Dance:
Presence or Absence of Self in the Coaching Dialog
Date: November 9, 2023
Time: 6:00 - 8:30pm MT
6:00pm - 6:30pm:
An opportunity to chat socially with other members and/or
join an ICF-CO Board Member for discussion on Chapter Shapers
6:30pm - 8:30pm: Chapter Meeting
Hybrid Meeting - Attendance may be Virtual OR In-Person
Posner Center for International Development
1031 33rd St., Denver, CO 80205
(Meeting is upstairs in the classroom space)
CCEs: 2.0 in Core Competencies
Speaker: Sara "Zora" Boas
This will be a hybrid meeting, so we encourage you to join us at Posner Center in Denver if you can make it! We'd love to spend some time connecting in person!
In this interactive event, you will be invited to challenge yourself to question what presence as a coach means for you. You will be guided through a process of structured reflection and self-examination that can enhance and refine the impact of your coaching. If you have worked with Zora extensively before and are familiar with her VIA coaching model, you will be able to use the session to deepen your understanding of your own Vocation, Integration and Alignment as a coach.
While this is a standalone learning event, for those of you who participated in Zora’s session for ICF-CO a year ago, it develops and re-configures last year’s theme of "Bringing your Whole Self to your Coaching."
Questions we shall address during the session include:
1. What does it mean to be present when coaching?
2. Is the coach present only as conduit or mirror, or also as a unique individual self, with blind spots and insights, values and preferences?
3. How might your presence not only support, but also crowd the coaching space, limiting your client?
4. How can your "absence" provide neutrality, space, freedom of movement for the client?
5. How might it also lead to a subtle sense of isolation or loneliness for the client?
6. What guidelines can you use to discern between creative and destructive "absence" of self?
What you will be able to do better as a result of participating in this event:
• Make nuanced, informed decisions about how, and how much, you bring your self into your coaching.
• Create a balanced space of freedom and safety for your clients.
• Deepen the dialogue with yourself about your motivations as a coach, what really works in your coaching, and the vast potential of your own learning and growth.
About Sara "Zora" Boas
Sara Boas, MCC, MA, RDMP - known to her friends as Zora - is an award-winning leadership expert, who has been coaching professionally for more than 35 years and has worked with many thousands of individuals across 100 countries, on 5 continents. She is a pioneer of the coaching profession, having founded her coaching business in 1987, several years before the start of the International Coaching Federation.
In 2007, Zora was a recipient of the Top 30 Global Gurus "Leadership Gurus Award of Excellence." This prestigious award is bestowed upon individuals who have attained the recognition of their peers and the general public for the originality, practicality and impact of their ideas, and for their visionary leadership. Creativity and innovation are at the heart of her lifelong journey of transforming leadership and leading transformation. While continuing to partner with global corporate and institutional clients, as she and her team have done for several decades, she also makes her unique approach available to the many individuals who seek to work with her directly.
Her subscription membership, LIFEdance Community, brings coaches and leaders together to refine and deepen the art of co-creative conversation. Her LIFEdance Academy provides professional Mentor Coaching, masterclasses, leadership education, and a transformational Accredited Coach Training Program. Through the cultivation of potent presence, embodied learning, timeless connection, and enlivening growth, LIFEdance programs put co-creative conversation at the heart of leadership, guided by the motto, "Live your dance, Dance your life!"