Stand Beside Them
The mission of Stand Beside Them is to help our returning service members by coaching them through dilemmas or obstacles that present after deployment. For example, assessing skills, creating a resume that translates well in today’s job market, or preparing oneself for job interviews can be overwhelming for many unemployed veterans. Some are unaware of the benefits available to them, and need some help to locate the information they need. Others are challenged in their relationships, which have been strained by long absences.
We as coaches have a wonderful opportunity to coach our veterans in many types of situations.
Join us in supporting this great organization!
Please contact Stephanie Wachman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-232-3693
to learn more or be a coach for veterans in Stand Beside Them.
Here are some resources provided by Stand Beside Them:
About Community Outreach at ICF Colorado
Community is an extremely important element of the experience for ICF CO members. At a monthly chapter meeting in October 2012, our members experienced an incredibly transformational presentation, Community Building – the Alchemy of Engagement, by Patty Beach and Barbara Edwards. Realizing the power of the exercises and tools used in this presentation along with the recognition of the incredible resources we had in our own coaching community, ICF CO began its journey in, not only taking steps to further unify our own member community, but to also reach out to a variety of community organizations to create alliances that are mutually beneficial and supportive to all involved.
Our wish is to build community alliances and positively transform our respective communities, further building strong relationships and alliances that do even more incredible work in the areas they respectively serve. We are an open-minded group willing to hear new ideas about how we can collectively support each other.
Organizations We Work with and How We Work with Them
- Non-Profits/Charities – We realize that with the downturn in the economy, charities and non-profits not only need support from their community to further their cause or help the people they serve, they need the funding to help them do their work. ICF CO works with these organizations in providing coaching services as well as fund-raising opportunities such as Coaching for a Cause. Partnerships like this are a win-win for everyone and further builds the connections and unity we all seek in any community.
- Religious Organizations – Many religious organizations have a variety of programs they offer to their patrons however, like everyone else, they’ve had to cut back on the depth and breathe of the services they offer. Not only does ICF CO help in providing coaching services, we also provide valuable workshops to help people in all areas of their lives. In turn, these religious organizations provide an audience for those coaches who are starting out and establishing their practices.
- Career Service Organizations – What do I want to be when I grow up? Career service organizations provide a wealth of guidance and options for those starting out their careers as well as those in career transition. ICF CO has career coaches who partner with these career service organizations for the ultimate goal of helping people to not only find work, but to find their passion, and make money doing it!
- Organizations with a lot of Cross-Over in Coaching – Human Resource organizations have a lot of cross-over in coaching along with a variety of speaker organizations. Our members often belong to all of these organizations therefore, it is to everyone’s benefit that our mutual organizations form an alliance offering discounted services or membership to alliance members in an effort to not only support our respective organizations, but to also further build our community.
- Coaching Schools – There are a variety of coaching schools where those interested in coaching can take classes and/or become certified. Who would we be if we didn’t build a partnership or community with the very places our coaches come from?
- Business Networking Groups – Many business networking groups are looking for outside-of-the-box presentations for their members and, as coaches, we offer paradigm shifting ideas along with coaches who focus on executive coaching. It’s a way for those networking groups to find out more about this mysterious profession and a way to further connect with our community.
- Government Agencies/Political Interests – ICF CO is actively working with government agencies including the Mental Health Board of Colorado in clarifying and defining coaching in contrast to psychotherapy with the intention of providing a clear difference to the public as well as practitioners of counseling and/or coaching. Read our article, “The Informed Coach: Understanding Critical Distinctions Between Coaching and Psychotherapy and Knowing When to Make a Referral”
- Media – Part of our mission at ICF CO is to educate the public about coaching, it’s availability, and the impact it can have (and has had) on individuals and communities. Press releases, articles, and events focused on coaching and our community outreach efforts are communicated to the media in the further hopes that we reach our mission.
For More Information:
The Impact of Coaching On . . .
Communities: Coming Soon
Our Culture: Coming Soon
Do you have a story/experience with coaching that you’d like to share?
If you do, please submit it to: email@example.com
About International Coaching Week (ICW)
CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS!
We invite you to share your skills, talents, and experiences with ICF Colorado and play a bigger role in the coaching community. How? Read on to see how easy it is to play full out.
We have opportunities for you to be of service in the following areas:
• Facilitator for one of our monthly Special Interest Groups (SIG) – Facilitating a SIG allows you to grow as a leader, meet lots of amazing coaches, and develop an exciting program that you can use in other areas of your coaching practice.
• Greeters – Remember how you felt when you came to your first ICF Colorado meeting? Help our new guests feel welcome and at home.
• Channel 9 News Health Fair – Help us be a part of this great program so that we can be of service to the community.
• PBS Phone Support – Set up a date/time for us to give back to this important community program.
• ICF Colorado Press Releases – Do you have experience writing and sending out press releases? We’d love your help in getting this started!
• Assist with ICF Colorado workshops – We enjoy providing valuable workshops for our ICF Colorado members and invite you to be a part of this dynamic, engaging program.
• Identify teleseminar opportunities for ICF Colorado members – Is there a topic you think the members would get value from or is there a speaker who you know who would “WOW” our members? Jump in and be a part of this initiative!
• Follow up with ICF Colorado speakers – Assist them with accommodations, transportation, special needs, etc. – This will allow you to meet some “Movers and Shakers” in the world of coaching!
• Create a member survey asking for feedback on what areas/topics they’re interested in to ensure we’re meeting the needs of our members.
• Resource Management Support – Go through the existing ICF Colorado resources on file and determine what’s current/beneficial to coaches and what’s outdated.
• Resource of the Month– Highlight a resource from our library and write a brief summary of it for our monthly newsletter. What a great opportunity to learn a new coaching skill, and then share it with your peers.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about these exciting opportunities or to get signed up today.
We value your creative ideas and are committed to being the #1 resource for coaches in Colorado.
Thank you for making a difference! We truly appreciate you and all that you share with us.
The ICF Colorado Leadership Team